Information for Applicants
Are you looking to launch a meaningful career in the hospitality industry?
Project Launch is a tuition-free, 20-month certified Apprenticeship Program that prepares individuals with barriers to employment to launch meaningful careers in the hospitality industry. Kitchens for Good offers three Apprenticeship tracks:
Culinary – Baking – Hospitality
Step 1: Application and Review- Interested candidates submit an application and complete an interview and kitchen trial assessment.
Step 2: Training- 3 months (360 Hours)- Selected Apprentices attend full time training covering both ‘knife skills’ such as food safety and culinary or baking techniques, to ‘life skills’ such as communication skills, résumé writing and financial literacy.
Step 3: On-the-Job Training – 17 months (2,460 Hours)- After completing the skills training and demonstrating proficiency in all of the required competencies, Apprentices are placed into paid employment with Employer Partners to complete 2,460 hours of on-the-job training. Kitchens for Good staff check in with Apprentices monthly, to provide ongoing career coaching to ensure Apprentices remain employed and their wages and skills increase.
Step 4: Earn Apprentice Certificate- Once Apprentices achieve 2,460 hours of On-the Job-Training and have experienced skill and wage growth, they receive their Apprenticeship Certificate from the State of California, a well regarded accreditation that improves employability and earning potential.
- Free hands on job training and life skills classes
- Guaranteed assistance with job placement with one of our Employer Partners, with ongoing skill and wage advancement
- Transportation support for three months
- Industry uniform and tool set
- 20 months of Career Coaching and customized support services
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Chance to earn Apprenticeship Certificate, a well regarded accreditation that increases employability and earning potential
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.A.
- Meet the criteria of being either unemployed or underemployed, with a barrier to employment (history of incarceration, homelessness, foster care, mental health challenges or substance abuse)
- Be available to be in class from 8:30am to 4:15pm, Monday through Friday for 10-11 weeks.
- Not currently enrolled in any other KFG Apprenticeship Program.
- Able to work and complete on-the-job training requirements with an employer partner for 17 months.
- Be open to a background check and not have any outstanding arrest warrants.
Funding provided by United State Department of Agriculture (USDA). USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider, Employer, Lender.
Fondos provistos por el Departamento de Agricultura de los Estados Unidos (USDA). El USDA es un proveedor, empleador y prestamista que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.
BECOME AN APPRENTICE
Kitchens for Good now accepts applications at any time during the year. If you are interested in learning the skills needed to be a Cook, Baker, or work in the hospitality industry, apply TODAY! Our class schedule is listed below. Apply today and choose when you would like to begin your culinary journey. NOTE: If a class is filled, applicants will be placed on a waiting list and prioritized for the next cohort.
Program Start Dates
July 15, 2022 - Click for more information
October 7, 2022 - Click for more information
Ready to Apply?
You can apply online with the button below, or pick up an application at our office.